Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference 2017

AlanCurragh

The eighth annual Great War Forum conference will be at the Tally Ho in Birmingham again, on 25th March 2017, with the same format as the previous conferences - five speakers, starting at 10.30, finishing at 5.30, followed by dinner.

I'm delighted to announce that the speakers are -

Peter Hart - "Up The Arras - the RFC and the Battle of Arras 1917"

Dr Spencer Jones - "The Nadir of the Regular Army - 28th Division and the Battle for the Hohenzollern Redoubt - Sept/Oct 1915"

Professor Jim Storr - "The Other Italian Front"

Jim Smithson - "Command and Control (or lack of) in the British Army at the Battle of Arras 1917"

Richard Van Emden - "Meeting the Enemy - the Human Face of the Great War"

The cost will be £32 per person, covering the conference, lunch and tea and coffee. Dinner will be £30.

We'll also be having our traditional get together in the Old Contemptibles pub in the centre of Birmingham on Friday evening.

As with last year's event, pals will be more than welcome to bring along books to sell, or any display material you have.

Please can you let me know you want to attend, and if so pay a deposit of £10. You can make your payment either via bank transfer, a cheque or by using the Paypal link - details of all three methods are here - 

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?/donations/

Any questions, please let me know

Many thanks

Alan