Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1st Reserve Park ASC

MrG

A man I am currently researching - Drv T/23814 Albert William Hurrell ASC - is listed on his medal Card as being part of 1st Reserve Park ASC. However the WD for 1st Reserve Park (and other references) suggests that this was the base of 9 Company ASC and a Reserve Mechanical Transport Company. As I thought the "T" in Albert's number meant he was part of Horse Transport I am a little confused as to what his role might have been. Can anyone help enlighten me?

Many Thanks

30850_A000802-02713.jpg

They are two different units. 1 GHQ Reserve Mechanical Transport Company was 68 Company ASC.

Source: Order of Battle of the British Armies in France, 11 November 1918 (IWM reprint).

Ron

Many Thanks - My confusion arose from the way the WD is indexed at TNA...and was added to by the comment from his grandson that he had seen a photo of his grandfather in uniform wearing jodhpurs!

4 minutes ago, MrG said:

My confusion arose from the way the WD is indexed at TNA...

You aren't the first, and you won't be the last, to be confused by the index to class WO95! Try these diaries:

WO 95/138 1 Reserve Park (9 Company A.S.C.) 1914 Sept. - 1916 Apr.  
WO 95/137 1 Cavalry Reserve Park (9 Company A.S.C.) 1916 May - 1918 June  

Ron

Many Thanks - now all I have to do is work out how to search for these on Ancestry :rolleyes: