Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Naga Labour Corps

I am doing a research on the impact of Christianity on Semas: A critical analysis on social and cultural changes.  I am looking for more information about the Naga Labour Corps. the enlistment and its dispatches. I am as well interested in finding out my great grandfather Kuhoi Sukhai Zhimomi, who was in France during WWI as one of the leader in the Naga Labour Corps. He died in France. However, there is no record as to where he might be cremated or whatsoever. I would be grateful for any information concerning  about the said particular and the Naga Labour Corps. Sema

Sema

Welcome to forum. This blog has information about the Naga Labour Corps:

http://hiddenhistorieswwi.ac.uk/uncategorized/2016/02/north-east-india-and-the-first-world-war/

With regard to your greatgrandfather's remains, it might be worth contacting the Commonwealth War Graves Commission if you have not already done that of course.

TR

Edited by Terry_Reeves

Thank you very much TR, for the valuable information and suggestion, very sad, all the documents were burnt during the WWII. I double checked most of it but, it is just hear say, there is no proper documentations any more. North East India and the First World War is informative. I have not yet contacted the Commonwealth Grave Commission. I will do that and come. thank you. Sema