Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

F N Pickett et Fils

Mike Cross

A group of dedicated Belgian folk are researching businesses that have recovered unexploded ammunition since the Great War. One such company, named F N Pickett et Fils, owned several ammunition destruction plants in Belgium and France between 1918 and 1931. Mr. Pickett was British and the company's headquarters were located in Wimereux, France. They have very few records available in Belgium/France to understand how these industrial facilities operated.  They are seeking any documents or information from Pickett & Fils companies, or perhaps the family of Mr. Pickett. They know that the IWM holds a copy of "The story of the work of F. N. Pickett et Fils, of Wimereux, Pas-de-Calais, France" and hope to come to England to view at some stage.

Can anyone offer any assistance ?

Their fascinating website is at http://www.paysagesenbataille.be/ and is well worth a visit.

MC

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

I was very interested (if somewhat belatedly) to learn of your research. My grandfather Harold Scholes worked in Wimereux for F. N. Pickett et Fils and I'd be very interested to see the results of your work if that is at all possible?

Marc