Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

£24 return London to Ypres

trenchwalker

Don't have a car? 

Flixibus us are now doing coaches from London to de panne for £8 4.30hours journey then it's just and hour and twenty bus ride to wipers 

a cheap option for those with no car and little budget

I'm sure this will appeal to quite a few.... but

https://shop.flixbus.co.uk/search?route=London-De+Panne&rideDate=01.09.2016&backRide=1&backRideDate=08.09.2016&adults=1&children=0&bikes=0&departureCity=3848&departureStation=&arrivalCity=3368&arrivalStation=&currency=GBP

1) It's FLIXBUS and they are showing the Victoria London to De Panne single fare as £7 but to return from De Panne to Victoria as £19.50.

2) You then have to work the time table to get suitable connections to/from Ypres.

I'm not criticising, just trying to make it easier for anyone considering this travel option, and "Thanks" for posting it, perhaps it will be heavily used!

FLIXBUS is a new start up (the first time there have been long distance buses in France) and may be menable to approaches about new routes. Those interested in say, London or Calais to Ypres could try writing to them.

Just a thought.

I have no car and a small budget, thanks. Sounds ideal. De Panne? It is easy into Dunkirk and then down to some major French sites. Allez! Tot straaks!

The bus stops at the train station 

there is the tram which takes you to the esplanade then it's a 56 bus to Ypres . It will cost about 2euro on the bus for a 60minute ticket if you plan it right. 

Or or even for a added bonus get the train the dixmude - trench of death then bus to Ypres also 

or tram all the way to nieuport the first time there this year ( very very interesting ) 

there red are many way around it. 

Calais and Dunkirk I find are hard routes to Ypres 

but out people are right arras and Amiens then great for hiring bikes on the Somme 

o