Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Etaples today, anything to see?

owen4256

I'm driving past Etaples next week, apart from the cemetery, is there anything Great War related worth a detour that pals would recommend?

Regards

Clive

Cemetery is deffo worth a quick stop. Only been in the immediate area once, but can't recall anything else of interest.

Damn good lunch at a seafood restaurant in town (owned by the local fishermens cooperative, I think) - which was actually why we were in the area - http://www.auxpecheursdetaples.fr/

Edited by John_Hartley

Owen

Visit the Mueseum Quentovic in the town centre which has a display about Etaples in WW1 including artefacts recovered from the hospital sites and also a map of the area which you will find useful.

TR

John

Thanks for the tip, all big seafood fans so will drop that into the itinerary. Cemetery might be a slightly harder sell...

All the best

Clive

Terry

The Musee Quentovic is exactly what I had in mind. Several Cyclist Corps men in the cemetery so I can claim that as necessary research.

Thanks to both

Clive

• Admin
2 hours ago, owen4256 said:

Terry

The Musee Quentovic is exactly what I had in mind. Several Cyclist Corps men in the cemetery so I can claim that as necessary research.

Thanks to both

Clive

The Museum has limited opening times which are shown on its website

http://www.musenor.com/en/Les-Musees/Etaples-sur-mer-Musee-Quentovic

Just to walk round the cemetery is a good hour, but you can easily spend a half day there.

Ken