Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Can you name this WW1 Railway station in the West Midlands?

yellow

Another mystery postcard.

I apologise for the quality, the original is very blurred and the cap badges are unrecognisable. Perhaps yeomanry?

This card is marked on the reverse Horace Dudley - Studio.

The Horace Dudley Studio I believe was located in Dudley? The studio is also famous for photographs around Birmingham and in Staffordshire.

The key features of this photograph are the fact the railway line appears to be sitting on low lying land. The buildings in the background are sat above the line. Note the large chimney in the background and design of the roofing.

Thank you for everyone's assistance in advance.

railway.jpg

• 6 months later...

Apologies for the late reply - as it's one of Horace Dudley's, it could well be the old Dudley railway station (closed aeons ago).  It was located in a cutting at the end bottom end of Trindle Rd.  The line still exists, albeit disused.

There is something about this photograph that reminds me of others I have seen of Hanley, Stoke on Trent on the Potteries Loop Line.   The curved platform, the low lying nature of the station and the overarching buildings - could it be?

Reminded me of Kidderminster, with those buildings in the background towering over the station.

2 hours ago, trajan said:

Reminded me of Kidderminster, with those buildings in the background towering over the station.

I know what you mean, but the building overhanging the station at Kidderminster is on the other side.

I used Kidderminster Station daily for nearly ten years and my grandfather's surgery backed onto the station approach.  I can even just remember the original Victorian station buildings that preceded the mid 1970's brick ticket hall on the B'ham bound platform!

This is definitely not Kiddy station :thumbsup:

Mark

On 26/07/2016 at 19:40, yellow said:

railway.jpg

burslem.JPG

I  think lovain (post3) may be right  a station on the potterys loop line

The above photo seems to be the same building and chimney the photo taken from a different angle (Burslem Station)

The OP's photo taken somewhere on the loop