Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Enfield 1907 Hooked Quillon

Toby Brayley

I picked this up yesterday for the bargain price of £200. It was £200 that I didn't have, but given the price they normally go for I had to have it.

Condition wasn't great, actually it was brown with rust.   I put a few hours work into it and it has come up pretty nice. It has been used as a fire poker at some stage in its life!

October 1912 Enfield manufactured.

13737454_1735603463347481_22397278753467

13770392_1735603460014148_68868118121886

Toby,

A nice find at a very good price, for what is a very scarce bayonet.

Regards,

LF

I quite agree with LF there! A very nice find at a very good price (my last 'cheap' one was about a third over that), and with what looks to be an early 'teardrop' scabbard as well. Cant' remember if raised rivets are early or later but are there any scabbard markings? Any bayonet markings? Un-'circumicised' Enfield's are not too common in my limited experience, most of mine are Sanderson's. So, yes, be happy as you clearly are with that find!

Julian

Thank you chaps,  scabbard throat is marked EFD in a circle. The scabbard came with it and is in very good condition.

2 hours ago, trajan said:

Cant' remember if raised rivets are early or later

Julian,

Toby's scabbard is probably a mid-WW1 No.1 Mk.II scabbard with the rounded edges to the Locket and Chape ( later scabbards had straight edges ), 3 rivets showing on the Locket ( earlier and later scabbards did not have the rivets showing ), a teardrop frog stud ( later scabbards had a round frog stud ).

Regards,

LF

7 minutes ago, Toby Brayley said:

Thank you chaps,  scabbard throat is marked EFD in a circle. The scabbard came with it and is in very good condition.

Toby,

EFD for Enfield, which matches with your bayonet's maker.

Regards,

LF

18 hours ago, Lancashire Fusilier said:

... Toby's scabbard is probably a mid-WW1 No.1 Mk.II scabbard with the rounded edges to the Locket and Chape ( later scabbards had straight edges ), 3 rivets showing on the Locket ( earlier and later scabbards did not have the rivets showing ), a teardrop frog stud ( later scabbards had a round frog stud ).

Thanks LF - as you know I am not a P.1907 mainliner(!) and it is always useful to have the grey cells jogged on matters like this!

Julian

On 7/23/2016 at 19:45, Lancashire Fusilier said:

Julian,

Toby's scabbard is probably a mid-WW1 No.1 Mk.II scabbard with the rounded edges to the Locket and Chape ( later scabbards had straight edges ), 3 rivets showing on the Locket ( earlier and later scabbards did not have the rivets showing ), a teardrop frog stud ( later scabbards had a round frog stud ).

Regards,

LF

I am in agreement with Trajan, thank you!  

I also came across this gem.  Edwardian Crowned, Sanderson made 1907. in really good condition. 

13817148_1736283706612790_671255286_n.jp

13823656_1736283663279461_619306717_n.jp