Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

I like to share this one:

bkristof

Hi,

Today i finally (after 2 year searching, asking) recieved more info about the site of death and cause of death of Richard Blieck (see signature).

He was wounded in the area of Boyau du fusil (the rifle trench). He was hit by a schrapnell splinter who went in his belly on the right and went straight trough him ,coming out him on the left side. His intestine was hanging out a bit. He was also badly wounded at the left hand and arm.

He was helped and transported by SB Vermeyen.

He recieved firts aid at Boyau du fusil PS (poste secours / first aid). He died there of wounds at 06.00 and was transported to Lettenburg PS (i know that location).

Knowing the location of dead, Dixmude and know the siteLettenburg, he possibly fought in the Trench of death as well! A very new topic for me!

He was Trench Mortar man for the 7,5 cm mortar MVD.

I just wanted to share this with you.

kristof

Congratulations Kristof. I think that you will find that long sought after answers will always lead to more questions. Which is a very good thing.

Andy

Kristof,

Well done...........and thanks for posting the pictures near tyne cot! (on another thread)

That must be very satisfying for you. I have four relations (that I know of) who fought in the Great War and I can tell you very little about them.

Steve

Congratulations Kristof. I think that you will find that long sought after answers will always lead to more questions. Which is a very good thing.

Andy

That is indeed so...

Now my quest is to find the place were he died.

Kristof,

Well done...........and thanks for posting the pictures near tyne cot! (on another thread)

That must be very satisfying for you. I have four relations (that I know of) who fought in the Great War and I can tell you very little about them.

Steve

doen with pleasure!

Who supplied you with the information of his death?

I'm delighted that 2 years of research has finally paid off for you.

I finally recieved the correct info from someone internal of the Army archieves, the Belgian Pro... Not so nice and easy like the Brit Pro.... <_<