Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Photographic exhibition - Guildhall, London: Somme 100

phsvm

This has probably been mentioned already but in case it hasn't ...

I came across this fantastic display of photographs outside the Guildhall in London today.  If anyone is in the area I can't recommend it enough.  The photos are stunning and the text concise (but remember it is written for those who know nothing about the details of WW1).  I spent about an hour and a half looking around it and it was worth every minute.

http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/remembrance/ww1-centenary/fields-of-battle-lands-of-peace-14-18/

Unfortunately the exhibition is only on until 3 July but if you get the chance to see it I think you'll find it worthwhile.

This exhibition was on in one of the London parks last year - agreed, the photos are stunning

Think this one may be slightly different, although the same photographer, as it was commissioned by the Corporation of London and the parks are in the City of Westminster.  The friend I was with had seen them last year and she thought it was slightly different.

Apologies to Alan.  Yes this is the same exhibiton as the one in the London park last year.

There are quite  lot more photos by Michael St Maur Sheil on the internet.  If you can't get to the exibition do look at his photos on line.  They are stunning.

Mike has now put the photographs into a splendid book, weighty in every sense and a price to match: £40.