Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Battle of Somme Honour Roll

Malcolm Linham

Pals 

Does anyone know who is responsible for the http://www.somme-roll-of-honour.com as I particularly interested in the date of death given for Pte 15668 John Linham 10th Batt Royal Welsh Fusiliers. The date shown on the roll of honour is the 20th July 1916. 

The CWGC give his date of death as being the 27th July 1916 , as does his death certificate. 

I know that the War Diary, Army Register of effects and the local paper all give his date of death as the 20th July and I am trying to gather enough evidence to preset to the CWGC to amend the date. 

I hope someone can assist as their does not seem to be any contact details on the website

Malcolm 

Try e-mailing: enquiries@cwgc.org.  

I've has some success using this route - but don't expect speed (even when they acknowledge they appear to have got it wrong from their own papers!)

Make sure you have plenty of quality evidence as they are particularly careful (which isn't a bad thing, but can be frustrating).

Matlock1418

I agree with Matlock1418. I have managed to get the CWGC to agree they had the incorrect date of death of a man I am researching shown on their website and on also on his headstone. The website has now been corrected and his headstone will be in the fullness of time. It took me over four months, many e mails and documentary eveidence to prove my case.

Edited by fellop

Guys

Thank you for your thoughts , I was just trying to find out if someone somewhere had the magic piece of evidence that I had missed. 

Malcolm