Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

James McGinn

Gavin88

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me...basically I am trying to locate an ancestor that is potentially linked to the Private Miller that people on here have already helped me find. I am not 100% sure that he was a soldier he died between 1914 and 1921 and was born in 1863'ish. So whilst that age range puts him beyond obligatory conscription in WW1 he could still potentially have volunteered and I figure that considering WW1 was a massive cause of death for a huge amount of young men back then he could potentially have been a casualty of WW1. He was born in Ireland and married his second wife, Catherine Miller, in 1914. When I checked Private Miller's service records his mother has written the names of all of Private Miller's relatives and the father is listed as deceased...she signed those documents in 1921. That's about as much as I know. He, McGinn, had a first wife, Mary Jane McGinn but she died in Manchester in 1913. Any help or advice you could give me would be a massive help! Thanks in advance for anything you can tell/adise me! G