Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

distinguished conduct medal

smiths565

I don't seem to be able to find the citation for Arthur Jones DCM, Royal Engineers 150th Field Coy. Company Sergeant Major 52942. Aged 48. 1st May 1918. More details on Stannington Roll Of Honour 1914-20

I have checked on the London Gazette, but don't seem to be able to see him.

Are there any special circumstances where he wouldn't be listed or wouldn't have a citation ?

Maybe I can't find him because the name is a common one.

Can anybody help.

Thanks in advance

Robert.

The Royal Engineers 150th Field Coy were part of the 36th Ulster division.The list of medal winners does not list any one by that name winning a DCM...Sgt C Jones (Irish fusiliers) and Rifleman WJ Jones (Irish rifles) (4 Jones won the MM)....sorry I can't be of more help...

The only A Jones, Royal Engineers, listed in Walker's "Recipients 0f the Distinguished Conduct Medal 1914-1920" is 838 Spr serving with the 1/1 E Lancs FC in Gallipoli. London Gazette 11.3.16. 155484 Spr A A D Jones 17.4.17 is the only other Jones with initials A.

Fred W

No "A. Jones" won a DCM in the Boer War, however this might be him:

28470 2nd Corporal A. Jones, 2 Coy. Royal Engineers.

DCM for Omdurman 2.9.1898

Steve

Hello smiths565

There's an A. Jones 2 Cpl. 24870 Royal Engineers who won the DCM in the Sudan 1899-1899. There were only 87 awards of the DCM for the campaign, (excluding the bars to two soldiers). A book by P.E. Abbott: Recipients of the Distinguished Conduct Medal 1855-1909, published by J.B. Hayward and Son.

Best regards

Koots

SudanDCM.JPG