Edited by museumtom
Updating data.

Updating data.

Edited by museumtom
Updating data.

Updating data.

Edited by museumtom
Updating data.

More than 3 in North Irish Horse surely? Only 1 in Argonne US cemetery, Romagne?

84 in the Meuse-Argonne. Some are listed under Household Cavalry, North Irish Horse, others are listed under the 9th Bn Royal Irish Fusiliers. Same problem with the South Irish Horse, Household Cavalry and 7th RIRegt.

Epic Tom.

Epic.

Just one thing:

Bangor, Flandva (Glanadda) Cemetery

Seems like a typo to me.

It's Glanadda Cemetery, Bangor.

Where the Flanva comes from?

You may recall I posted the image of the gravestone of Irish born Anzac 4586 J.Doheny last year, who is buried there.

His death was a great misfortune, being killed in Anglesey as a result of a head injury sustained when sticking his head out of the train window on his way home from leave in Ireland, I presume after visiting his mother.

Flandva is a typo, sorry Dai. Poor Doheny, what a way to go.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Epic is the only word Tom. What's next? Is there a book or website on the way? I'm expecting a half page spread in the Irish Times at the very least.

Congratulations and I hope this gets the publicity it deserves.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Irish Times eh? sure who knows lad, it would not have been possible without the pals on this forum though. They keep me on the straight and narrow, and if there is a Flandva there that should not be then it will be pointed out and fingers wagged, and heads bowed, and cumuppence got.

29,469 is certainly less than circa. 49,000 I've seen elsewhere - either you've missed a few or there's a little inflation elsewhere :ph34r: ( I know which figure I trust more). Are you going to get started on the Scots next ?.

Craig

..., and if there is a Flandva there that should not be then it will be pointed out and fingers wagged, and heads bowed, and cumuppence got.

No finger wagging intended.

No heads need bowing.

No cummuppance asked or given.

If I find any more, I will be more than happy to point them out, purely in the interest of helping you get a great job spot on.

Well done again Tom.

Totally, Dai, I agree, in the interests of precision please let me know.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Craig, if you look for the topic on Irelands Memorial Records you will see why this had to be done this way. Irelands Memorial Records says everyone in an Irish Regiment is Irish etc etc. The project above only covers the 26 counties of the Irish Republic, not the 32.

Scots next? Perhaps the six counties would be better?

Kind regards.

Tom.

84 in the Meuse-Argonne. Some are listed under Household Cavalry, North Irish Horse, others are listed under the 9th Bn Royal Irish Fusiliers. Same problem with the South Irish Horse, Household Cavalry and 7th RIRegt.

Yes, if North Irish Horse are listed as 9th Royal Irish Fusiliers then that makes sense. Magnificent effort.

Excellent research Museumtom.

One question.

On the Surname figures have you included variant spellings of the same name?

Thank you KGB and Bill. Name variants are recorded when they occur, not necessarily in the index but in notes with their readout.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Thank you Murrough, it should have been done a hundred years ago. 'Cuimhnímis iad' we will remember them.

Thank you KGB and Bill. Name variants are recorded when they occur, not necessarily in the index but in notes with their readout.

Kind regards.

Tom.

thanks Tom

Bonjour, sorry pour un contact en français. Question où se situe le Maple Leaf cemetery à Comines-Warneton ?????? Salutations amicales, WALBEER

Yes indeed, it a typo it should be Maple Leaf Cemetery, Hainaut, Belgium.

Apologies

My Great Uncle (k.i.a 24 May 1915) is recorded with 2 surnames (well, an "s" added) and under 2 counties (Waterford, born, Wexford, lived and enlisted).

Yes Indeed he is listed in Wexford and Waterford as he was born in Ballybricken and lived at Watery Lane, with a note showing the different spelling in SDGW and CWGC and in 'The People' Newspaper.

• 2 weeks later...