Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

An Army boxing Champion

Guest pennyindorset

Guest pennyindorset

'Grandad' (John Dicken) was in the North staffordshire regiment 1914-20 and also army service corps in WW1 then in WW2 he was in the Dorsetshire regiment, we are told he was a boxing champion but don t know whether it was when he was in WW1 or WW2....how and where do we look? Any help greatly appreciated.

Guest Ian Bowbrick

If you know which Battalions he served with in WW1, then I would suggest checking the Units war diary. Sometimes the results of inter Division sports days are listed as are the winners.

Ian

Penny get a grip Gal, same girl with dodgy avatar I note!!! Well one goes to: Cant access it for lots of blondes trying to access it link!!! at National Archives and sorts out the batt / reg/corp/army diary. If you have any further enquiries on this subject please ask but preferably when the NA website is working.

Roop

Guest pennyindorset

Hey Roop.....at least I m making you s all look highly inteligent, like to see you get to grips with a victoria sponge recipe, I m in a man s world here so cut me some slack :rolleyes: ........ you love me really ;)

My dear Gal, Victoria sponge is but a bagatelle to me!! : So far as looking intelligent, I dont think anyone on this forum can maintain that stance long enough for a portrait. I certainly can't :(

PS is this still 1st battalion NStaffs????? Just in case youve changed your mind!

Roop

Guest pennyindorset
:D ...Thanks for taking me under your wing, I appreciate all the help and advice (and blonde swipes) will check in tomorrow for duty as I have the day off, good night and take care (Sir) ;)

Guest Ian Bowbrick
Hi Ian....sorry to be really blonde but do you mean as accessing online or having to go in person? :blink:

You need to go in person or get someone to do it for you.