Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Replacement of Suspension

Guest Gilda

Is it possible to replace Ball & Ring on a Cuban Victory medal with the Ball and Ring from an

issued Belgian Victory Medal? If so who does such a repair in the U.S,? Re: Gilda placement

28 Nov.2004.

Martin Kaufman

k.mkauf@verizon.net

Is it possible to replace Ball & Ring on a Cuban Victory medal with the Ball and Ring from an

issued Belgian Victory Medal? If so who does such  a repair in the U.S,?  Re: Gilda placement

28 Nov.2004.

Martin Kaufman

k.mkauf@verizon.net

It would be possible,to use a Ball mount from a damaged Belgian or similar Victory,or even make a new Ball from Scrap,if you know a competent Jeweller/Metal worker,,but who you would get to do it is another thing there must be someone in your neck of the Woods who isnt a Birmingham Screwdriver "Craftsman"!

Though your previous Posting shows a "Local" Repair,perhaps it might be prudent to leave well alone ,someone obviously thought enough of their Medal to "fix" it themselves!!!

"Birmingham Screwdriver" perfect!

Thanks for your interest. I think you are right and expressed that view as an add on to the first

posting.

Thanks for your sound advice,

Martin Kaufman

Harry,

What's the difference between a ' Birmingham Screwdriver ' and a ' Glasgow Screwdriver '

:D

Aye

Malcolm

Malcolm,

About 180 Miles

:rolleyes:

Harry

Discussed repair(attatching Belgian Suspension to Cuban medal)with some very ego-involved Jewelers who did a lot of headshaking , wanted $100 and assured me no other Jeweler could do the job.

As a model railroader for 60 years, I had the tools so I gave it a try!

Martin

post-3-1101860462.jpg