Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

North Irish Horse

Gerry Chester

Having served in the North Irish Horse in WW II, I would be most pleased to hear from anyone who has connections with the those who enlisted in the Regiment during WW I.

Cheers, Gerry Chester

Hi Gerry,

My Grandfather served in NIH in WW1 and a cousin of my father served and died in Tunisa in 1943.

Liam

Hi Gerry,

My Grandfather served in NIH in WW1 and a cousin of my father served and died in Tunisa in 1943.

Liam

Hello Liam,

Thank you for the quick response, it is appreciated. Would your GrandFather be Thomas J. Savage? Also, would your father's cousin be Denis McFaul?

Regards, Gerry

Hi Gerry,

My grandfather on my mother's side was William McMullan of Glenarm and he served as far as I can tell only in Ireland. Only have photo of him and very little other information on his service except he was in the service before WW1 and was a horses man in every sense of the word. He died in 1956. Denis McFaul was indeed my father's cousin. I assume the Thomas J. Savage is the same, as one of many, I am researching for the Larne War Memorial. Any extra informaton on Larne men or those from the Glens of Antrim, East Antrim would be welcome.

Liam