Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Anyone going Mill Road

markinbelfast

Mark

Though not what you want, have you seen this pic which some think is of Mill Rd?

I think I agree with them.

Martin

post-12-1101399677.jpg

Which way are we looking from? Is that the Cem in the centre? (None too clear on my monitor !!)

Mike

If this is Mill Road, (and I think it is) then the picture is taken from the bottom of Mill Road, looking up the hill towards the present-day location of the Ulster Tower.

Mill Road cemetery would be just beyond the skyline, a little to the left of centre, I would say.

Tom

Not convinced Tom. I have lightened the photo so I can now actually see what is going on in it (see below assuming it comes out OK). I have checked on current and historical maps and the only place where the road takes such a violent sweep to the right is where it meets the old Divion Rd, ie where the Ulster Tower is now. IMHO the gradients look all wrong for the pic to be there. Quite prepared to be proved wrong though!!

Mike

post-12-1101430265.jpg

Hi Mark,

I will be in Mill Rd Cem on 7/8th December. Let me know what you need and I will do it for you mate. I only have a "Wet Film" camera though, not digital.

Best regards

Iain