Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Perchance to Dream

Khaki

Did you ever have a day dream where you GW hobby could work for you,

I would have like to have opened a private club, a bit like an officers club, that was Great War themed, light meals, drinks, snooker tables, comfortable atmosphere. Probably a real money looser these days, but who cares, its only my dream.

khaki

Well, you could have the club on the first floor of the B&B I'd love to have, all 1910's with no A/C, no Wi-Fi, etc. :)

Well, you could have the club on the first floor of the B&B I'd love to have, all 1910's with no A/C, no Wi-Fi, etc. :)

Can I book a double room for mid October please?

I wish I was Sharp enough to make a bit of a living out of WWI research, or at least enough to start to edge me out of my current job which is really starting to get difficult due to my health. Much as I love the forum, nearly everyday I'm forced to realise how little I know!

I'd miss my students though, and still get a buzz from working with them...

No you wouldn't.

Roger

Can I book a double room for mid October please?

Sure, can't say which year though ;)

Oh, and I guess I'll have to make some adjustements: there will be no smoking room inside (I'll fix a nice spot outside) and no spit-buckets (it is getting quite difficult to find maids who accept to clean spit buckets nowadays!)

I'll run the reading room next door if someone else will make the tea.

Did you ever have a day dream where you GW hobby could work for you...

I don't know, getting paid to be James McCudden and play with the Shuttleworth Collection original 1918 SE5a (plus getting up really close with the Bristol and Avro at the same time) still remains a highlight for me... :hypocrite:

http://postimg.org/image/yxnxwwhvv/

1119254_fighting_the_red_baron_2_me_mkii