Remembered Today:

A re-unite project commences... Snow brothers

alastaircox

I purchased these today, a complete punt on eBay. Plaque, scroll and medal award papers to S/14609 Rifleman Walter Arthur Snow, 1st Battalion Rifle Brigade and a VM and Defence medal to his brother Arthur Snow 493416 1/13th London (Kensington) and later 69316 KRRC.

I am thrilled at my purchase but so much is missing. So, if you have a happen to have a pair to WA Snow or a BWM to AW Snow in your collections, please let me know?

post-98976-0-84994600-1452873670_thumb.j

post-98976-0-28975400-1452873766_thumb.j

There is a good chance the medals were divided up between family members or else lost. Is that a first day of the Somme KIA, so pricey if you can find them. A nice pick up and good luck finding the missing medals.

Yes Jerry, the 1st Battalion were at the Somme.

Craig, I am just looking at the Soldier's Effects. Is your 12 months or less deduction based on the monetary award?

• Admin

Yes Jerry, the 1st Battalion were at the Somme.

Craig, I am just looking at the Soldier's Effects. Is your 12 months or less deduction based on the monetary award?

It is - £3 net (£5 gross) was paid for 12 months or less qualifying service. If you want more on the gratuity then take a look at my website - https://wargratuity.wordpress.com/- and it should help.

Craig