Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1914 map of area North West of Aubers

steve4016

Hi

Can anyone help me locate a trench map of the area between Neuve Chapelle and Fromelles for before the 10th March 1914 attack on Neuve Chapelle.

This is basically the area just South East of Fauqussart and North West of Aubers.

I have the Neuve Chapelle and Fromelles trench lines for the 9th May attack and this clearly shows the location of my 2nd Batt Rb at that engagement and they were up near Fromelles, but cannot find any trench positions before that time.

I am going through the 2nd Batt RB diary day by day Nov 1914 to April 1915, and know they were using Billets at Ft Desquin, Rue Masselot, Flinque Farm and Laventie and sharing trenches with the RBerks regiment. I have worked out that the 2nd Batt RB were entrenched just North of Neuve Chapelle in Dec to Feb leading up to the 10th March attack on Neuve chapelle but cannot pin point where?

Thanks Steve.

I'm sure the answer will be in the Brigade Diary. Here's one map from December 1914, there are plenty others (Ancestry subscription required) Click

Mike

Hi Mike, Yes 1915, and no i didn't think of looking at the 25th Brigade diary I have just been looking at the RB Diary.

I am only really just getting into it now, so lots to learn. Thanks.