Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Memorial Plaque for St George's Ieper

Mark Hone

I am currently finalising the design of a memorial plaque for St George's which it is planned to dedicate in a special service during our tenth anniversary battlefields tour in October 2004. (All Baker Pals hereby invited!) I have received details of the necessary dimensions, materials etc from the church and we are about to apply for official approval, or 'Faculty' as it is called in the C of E. Before I get the plaque made I wonder if any contributors have been involved in a similar undertaking and may have any tips, wrinkles or other helpful advice.

• 1 year later...

Thnaks for asking. It went very well. Despite my worrying about various details on the design etc the approval (faculty) was duly received from the C of E, the plaque splendidly made by Superior Signs of Bury, taken to Ieper on a private trip over the summer, and duly dedicated at St George's in a special service on the last night of our tour on Sunday 24th October. Pictures will appear shortly, I hope. Many thanks to Ray Jones, David Beattie and all at St George's for their help with this project.

post-19-1098895467.jpg