Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Christmas Stockings

Khaki

I'll be checking mine tomorrow... An exciting delivery is on its way and should arrive mid-day!

Santa needs the contents of the stocking for his own protection around here :hypocrite:

Santa needs the contents of the stocking for his own protection around here :hypocrite:

:o

Tell Santa to put the bayonet the other way round in the scabbard next time, when you write him a thank you note... :thumbsup:

Tell Santa to put the bayonet the other way round in the scabbard next time, when you write him a thank you note... :thumbsup:

hahahahahhaa This made me spit beer on my computer! Merry Christmas all!

I'll be checking mine tomorrow... An exciting delivery is on its way and should arrive mid-day!

And it came... more on the 84/98 thread tomorrow!

Look carefully: there is the shadow of the frog stud there.... Honest! Or is the effect of the Efes???!!!

Hello to all,

I also have a little something on its way---does have a frozen locking stud that will keep me busy !

Many thanks for all the help over the past couple of years, but mostly the friendship.

A merry Chritmas to all, and to all a good night.

Regards,

JMB

WD40, a decent vice, and a half inch drive socket of the right size for catch end to enter is what I use.

Happy Christmas All,

Tony

Look carefully: there is the shadow of the frog stud there.... Honest! Or is the effect of the Efes???!!!

In British service the bayonet always correctly goes with the locking button of the bayonet facing towards the rear of the scabbard - as we can see both the locking button and the stud at the front of the scabbard for the frog the bayonet is therefore in backwards. This would be correct:

http://southsideantiques.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/bayonet_8763.jpg

Who says Santa Claus is in British Service ? despite being in a 'recoat' he seems to be wearing a French 'Phrygian Cap' and poilu style beard, and equipped for Canadian North Pole weather,

khaki

In British service the bayonet always correctly goes with the locking button of the bayonet facing towards the rear of the scabbard - as we can see both the locking button and the stud at the front of the scabbard for the frog the bayonet is therefore in backwards.

AaHa! So, you pass this Christmas' deliberate mistake test! :thumbsup:

Who says Santa Claus is in British Service ? despite being in a 'recoat' he seems to be wearing a French 'Phrygian Cap' and poilu style beard, and equipped for Canadian North Pole weather

That red coat and the matching trousers - surely it is a Hi-vis get-up?