Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ersatz Gras on Gew 88

N White

Nothing particularly earthshaking here, but a friend recently bought a Gew 88, and brought it over for help slugging the bore. Since I still have not found the right one for me, I had never fitted my German modified Gras to a rifle, and before he left I made sure to try, as I was curious how well the conversion worked.

All I can say is wow. Fits more perfectly than a lot of factory bayonets I have.

For those interested in the rifle, it was an 1890 Amberg, non turked, and unmodified, aside from the top eject clip port cover.

post-38182-0-81526600-1445982909_thumb.j

Very nice to see that bayonet attached - thanks for posting the photo. Both look in excellent condition as well.! :thumbsup:

Cheers, S>S

... wow. Fits more perfectly than a lot of factory bayonets I have. ...

Well, you should be scolded for the title :doh: ... 'Ersatz'?!!! It is a 'Beutewaffe' adapted to fit a Gew.88... But, I'll forgive you for what is an inadvertent mistake in the rush to post a superb photograph showing how these things go together, something I have not seen before. And I did like that comment about the fitting. So, all in all, many thanks! :thumbsup:

Julian