Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Where did they serve

Guest WalterMc

Hiya Dave . I am actually repeating a request already made elswhere in regard to my father and grand father.My father was Alfred McKillop served in WW1 and WW2 the only information I have is two medals one with inscription 14438 Pte A McKillop ELancs Reg. and The Great War for civilisation 1914-1919also a card with the following; 14496 BCompany 9th Batt East Lancs.how relevant these are I don't know as for where he served the only thing I remember is some talk of Gallipoli one place in England he mentioned was Eastbourne he also served in WW2 but I dont know where

As for ,my grandfather he served in the E Lancs Sgt J McKillop 6855 3rd Batt E Lancs Reg ( Special reserve ) He was awarded the Queens South Africa medal with clasps Cape Colony and Orange free state and the Kings South Africa medal in the Boer War he also served in WW1 have you any idea where they both served in the respective wars and whether there were any other madal awards made to either I had to mention the Boer War as this information was given to me by Major Farrington (retd) in the Q L Ras a follow uo to a query I made

hoping you may help thanks

WalterMcK