Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Trio, plaque, July 1st

DCLI

Can someone give me a rough price for a trio and plaque for Royal Irish Rifles July 1st casualty?

regards

DCLI,

A lot! Think of the factors involved: an Irish unit (always very popular with collectors); a 1 July casualty (the Holy Grail to collectors of British medals); and a trio PLUS plaque!!! Prices in the UK seem to be a bit ahead of prices here in Canada, but I would think an "ordinary" infantry trio plus plaque to a private would be in the 400-450 pound range.

Factor in 1 July and the Irish unit - you can probably double the asking price.

A Very Lot!! There was an Irish Regiment 1st July 1916;Casualty Trio & Plaque,Group on E Bay not that long ago I think it ended up around £1200,Which I wouldnt think to be that excessive given the interest in Irish Regiments & the few that appear on the Market each year.

Guest Ian Bowbrick
a 1 July casualty (the Holy Grail to collectors of British medals);

Depends on your religion................and location. Prices are now silly and in a few years will require a second mortgage.

Oh that they were mine. It is my business partner's and knows nothing about them or much about the war and has little interest. He may also have correspondence from the man himself and maybe even the scroll etc.etc. I think he has perked up a bit since I told him how valuable they are.

Ian,

Good point about religion; hadn't thought of that! I see that someone is currently offering a 1 July casualty trio to 1/KOSB with an unnamed victory on ebay, starting at 350 pounds. No nibbles yet.

My last KIA July 1, 1916 group was a 1914-15 Trio & Memorial Plaque to a Lieut. Col. 1st Bn. Bradford Pals.

It was valued at $5000-6200 CDN or the equivalent of 2000-2500 GBP.

David,

Altough a lot of money,I would say the price you paid for your group to be very resonable,last year I saw a trio and plaque to a 2nd Lt kia 1/7/16 on Dixons website for an incredible £3500,I assume that it sold for something like that as it no longer available on their site!!

Stu