Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

ACI 1385 of 1917

SimonRobbins

I have seen a number of posts on this forum asking details of various Army Council Instructions. Some even have scanned images from a printed book detailing what they are.

I don't suppose anyone has the details of ACI 1385 of 1917 do they?

I know roughly what it is about (releasing 3rd year medical students so they can complete their studies) but it would be nice to get the whole text if possible.

thanks.

Sorry but I do have have it, but I think this was replaced later by ACI 1585 and then again by ACI 1751 both of 1917. Unfortunately I only have 1751.

Kevin

post-14294-0-95636000-1440170432_thumb.j

post-14294-0-22406200-1440170502_thumb.j

Sorry but I do have have it, but I think this was replaced later by ACI 1585 and then again by ACI 1751 both of 1917. Unfortunately I only have 1751.

Kevin

Thanks, can I ask what book this is? Presumably 1385 and 1585 are in a different volume?

Without looking I believe ACI 1751 came from the second volume for 1917, held at the Nat Archives, Kew. If you ever decide to go there and spend a few days photographing all the volumes published during the war I would certainly like a copy.

Kevin

Just looked second volume ran from 1033 onwards. I should have said that ACI 1751 was published 1st Dec 1917.

Without looking I believe ACI 1751 came from the second volume for 1917, held at the Nat Archives, Kew. If you ever decide to go there and spend a few days photographing all the volumes published during the war I would certainly like a copy.

Kevin

Just looked second volume ran from 1033 onwards. I should have said that ACI 1751 was published 1st Dec 1917.

Add the AO's to it and it could be a nice little business for someone.

Craig

Kevin

Thanks for that, I didn't realise the Nat Archives had them in books, maybe it wouldn't cost too much to get them to copy the relevant page and email it. Last time I asked them for something it was going to cost about £80 but if it's only a couple of pages in a book it shouldn't be so bad. I doubt if I shall ask them to copy every page though, sorry. :mellow: