Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Unknown Soldier-Cap Badge

oxlade134

This great photo from a family album has no name attached , can anyone identify the cap Badge it would be a start.

post-95457-0-37613000-1439661971_thumb.j

It could be 19th (Queen Alexandra's Own Royal) Hussars.

Ron

19th Hussars is a Crown over a A with a cross. The above badge is round(ish) in shape with what looks like a scroll underneath.

Oxfordshire Yeomanry?

Looks a bit like Buckinghamshire Yeomanry to me

No pretty sure it's Bucks

Thanks! that fits well with the family they all come from Bucks.

Royal Buckinghamshire Hussars, to be more-or-less exact.

Off-topic, Alison, nice to see someone else on the Forum with impeccable taste in dogs.

Steven they are the best dogs in the world when they are quiet! Good to know there is another Schnauzer fan here :)

Mrs Broomfield spends her time on some Schnauzer Forum on FB while I potter here.

On-topic, the shoulder title is probably the simple "RBH", which looks like it as far as one can see.

Steven they are the best dogs in the world when they are quiet! Good to know there is another Schnauzer fan here :)

When does this happen? My mother has a Schnauzer. It was named "Fritz", world domination was his game!

Just looked further at the capbadge. The motto "Yeoman of Bucks, strike home", within the capbadge is most striking.

When does this happen? My mother has a Schnauzer. It was named "Fritz", world domination was his game!

Les Salles Boches!

They just do what they are bred for, it's important to know when a bird lands on the garage roof, a leaf blows past the window or if your a schnauzer like my 5 month old puppy it's very important to reply to Charlie Hunnam EVERY time he speaks on Sons of Anarchy :devilgrin:

I couldn't make out the shoulder title!

Royal Buckinghamshire Hussars, to be more-or-less exact.

Less exact, I'm afraid. The Army List has Royal Bucks Hussars.

Ron

• 8 months later...

Allison, Steve,

Since identified this man as husband of my great aunt Arthur Percy Dean his medal record states; Trooper, Private 1746, 28520, Royal Bucks Hussars, 2nd/1st Bucks Battalion, 2/4th Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry, Royal Tank Corps. So well done.