Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Two online German Army Regimental Histories (NLA website)

MaureenE

I saw these two online German language texts in the catalogue of the National Library of Australia, when looking for something else. Perhaps they may be of interest to someone.

Reserve-Infanterie Regiment Nr. 3 / herausgegeben vom verein der Offiziere des ehem. Preuss. Res.-Inf.-Regts. 3, published 1926

Translated title: Reserve Infantry Regiment no. 3.

From the catalogue entry: Subjects Germany. Heer. Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment, 3. | World War, 1914-1918 -- Germany. | World War, 1914-1918 -- Regimental histories -- Germany.

http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-13588890/view

Perhaps something to do with my browser, but a large black space, when viewing the digital file, needed to be dragged to the left to view the text.

Das K.B. Infanterie-Leib-Regiment : nach den amtlichen Kriegstagebuchern / bearbeitet im Auftrage des ehem. Infanterie-Leib-Regiments von Adolf von Bombard, published 1921

Translated title Royal Bavarian Infantry Life Guard Regiment : based on the official war diaries.

From the catalogue entry: Subjects: Germany. Heer. Infanterie-Leib-Regiment. | World War, 1914-1918 -- Germany. | World War, 1914-1918 -- Regimental histories -- Germany.

http://nla.gov.au/nla.gen-vn5039006

Cheers

Maureen

Edit: The second link no longer appears to be available (May 2017)

Edited by Maureene

Thanks for posting this Maureen.

Thanks Maureen,

Same black space for me by the way. Using the zoom out put the page central but too small to read. However, using the full screen button and then dragging across to the centre was perfect - full page of text at a readable size.

Not of direct interest but thanks for sharing the information - it's appreciated!