The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Uniform help, more Lemon Squeezers?

TEW

This is an undated non-captioned photo held at Seale Hayne and probably taken on a nearby farm. I think there are two Lemon Squezzers which equates to two NZ troops.

As to the other men, any ideas if they are wearing issued fatigues??

Any other help gratefully received

TEW

42.jpg

absolutely 1st NZEF, one officer on the right with what looks like a black cat in his hands

Maybe farmers they are boarding with but not sure about the other sitting around in civies.

Have anymore bits of kiwi lads, always keen on seeing them .

My great grand father fought over there and was awarded the MM for his efforts

absolutely 1st NZEF, one officer on the right with what looks like a black cat in his hands

Maybe farmers they are boarding with but not sure about the other sitting around in civies.

I thought the hair on the seated chap was a wee bit tooooo long. even for a KIWI! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies, agree on the hair issue, esp seated man, just wasn't sure if some maybe wearing military issue clothing.

There are a few photos of NZ troops at Seale Hayne, only in one case does it look like a NZ patient

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=228325&p=2268002

I'll try to get all the NZ shots together in one post. There are shots of NZ troops driving tractors in what we think are tractor trials for the agricultural college circa autumn 1919. Quite why NZ troops got involved in the setting up of that side of Seale Hayne I'm not sure.

TEW