Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

I got the Poppies

egbert

3 US Poppies bound for a German war grave in France; if this is not truly international! I just got 3 poppies at the PX here in Alabama awaiting now my next transatlantic visit to be laid down at the grave of my Grandfather in France :)

Thank you for sharing this gesture, Egbert.

Is he the man in your current avatar?

Gwyn

Thank you for sharing this gesture, Egbert.

Is he the man in your current avatar?

Gwyn

Gwyn,

the avatar - GGuncle was kia 1916 and has no known grave - (I wish I needed 6 poppies instead of 3.....)

I always have poppies in my camera bag and lay them on random graves in any cemetery I find.

I also give poppies to groups I am taking aroudn and tell them to place them on a grave. I get some funny looks, but they do lay them and I hope it means that they realise that more than British died.

healdav,

this is a great idea! The problem is- here in the States you don't get poppies but at Remembrance Day. By far the most interesting question is: where can one get remembrance poppies in Flanders and at Somme yearround for those who visit on a short notice basis?

Egbert

Perhaps if you walk in Flanders Fields ?

Pat

For our Aussi friends in the backcountry: "Yearround", which means 12 months a year :P

Egbert

How hurtful, I don't mind you making fun of me personally, but to suggest that my countrymen are similarly afflicted, Well, even Gwen might have sympathy. And the method you chose, well if a moderator has provided the example, why should I expect more consideration from you.

TAKE DEEP BREATH, PATRICK

OK Tht's fine.

Back to day one.

Yes Egbert, that was the question! But I know that you only only visit when the poppies are in bloom, and you know that nothing anyone says or does annoys me personally. But we both have roles to play?

Give 'Chester my best! :P:P

PS. Have to admit that despite thinking it was irrelevant to your travelling schedules, the word 'yearround' did provide problems. Dragon seems pretty good with words, but to communicate with those from the nether regions the following link might help

My Webpage

ooRoo

Pat

post-19-1100478399.jpg

I hope it means that they realise that more than British died.

Yes. That's exactly why I included only one British photo when I made my Remembrance gallery on my website. Neither of my current avatar pictures is British either.

Egbert, your wish for six poppies is very poignantly expressed.

Gwyn

Egbert / Gwen

Wanna buy some long stem roses ? Anytime?

Just give me a bell!

Pat

Bye the way Perhaps YE AR ROUND the wrong way.

Should that present any problems, Perhaps Andy will butt in & provide maximum guidance again.

Hope your Portia sports car is still running well, Gwen!

post-19-1100478847.jpg