Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

No. 9 Stationary Hospital & No.1 camp Le Havre 1915

Don Regiano

I am trying to find out a more precise location for No. 9 Stationary Hospital when it was in Le Havre in December 1915. My research so far has produced nothing. I'm also interested in the location of No. 1 (convalescent?} camp at the same time. I believe this may have been located in Adresse (Sainte-Adresse?)

Any help gratefully received.

Reg

Reg

It is No 1 Rest Camp. It was on the border of St Adresse and Bleville. If you go to Google maps, it was roughly bounded by Rue du plein air to the North and Rue De bocage de Bleville to the South. It's western boundary is the D 940 and the southern boundary approximately around Rue Estienne d'Orves.

TR

Thanks Terry.

I will take a look . We intend to do a detour to the area in June when we re-visit a relative of my wife who is buried in Etretat. I'm surprised that No. 9 SH has drawn such a blank when compared to the info available on other medical establishments in WW1 but I'll keep looking.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Reg

Hi Reg

I don't have an exact address but I do have a map of the area which more or less shows where the hospitals were situated, including No 9 Stationary Hospital. If this will help then send me your email address and I will scan what I have for you.

Regards

Barbara

• 4 years later...

Barbara/Don

I have a RAMC man (110108 William Jones) who is shown in Absent Voters as being at No 1 Rest Camp Hospital. Does the map show a hospital for the camp itself? 

Hywyn

It is difficult to say. There is a oblong shape at the corner of a junction, which could be the hospital, if it was one. However the print is large compared to the print of other hospitals indicating it might have been a larger area. If you PM me your email address I'll try to do a scan of the area and send to you so you can see for yourself. Sorry can't upload here as my old computer (which I can use to scan) no longer talks to the forum.