Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Brantford and Brant County

Geoffrey

First off, please allow me to thank all the kind people of this forum for taking the time viewing the “Virtual War Memorial” on the Brantford Public Libraries home page. Because of your efforts, it has allowed me to digitize other materials pertaining to Brantford and Brant County. So, this time I am pleased to announce that some of the information pertains solely to Brantford and the Great War.

On the following link you will be able to view and download your own personal copies of the following materials:

http://www.brantford.library.on.ca/genealogy/digital.php

History of the County of Brant volume II by Douglas Reville. The better part of this book is based on Brantford and the County of Brant during World War I. Nominal Rolls and Casualty listings are provided with this in-depth study of our involvement.

The Brantford Expositor Christmas Edition 1916. This special issue of the newspaper concentrates on Brant County's contributions to the war effort and the story of the 58th Battalion, the 125th Battalion, the 54th Battery, and the 215th Brant Battalion. It also includes the Brantford and Brant County Honour Roll up to this date.

Brantford “The Telephone City” was produced by The Women's Section of the Brant War Memorial Association for the purpose of raising funds for the Brant War Memorial. (It is worth noting that our Memorial is based off of the one in Vimy and was designed by the same sculptor W.S. Allward.)

And finally, the Brantford Expositor, Semi-Centennial Edition, 1877-1927. Besides general information on Brantford, this special edition newspaper offers a great retrospective look at Brantford during the Great War.

All of these books were digitized using OCR software and are of the best quality for viewing and printing. They were saved in PDF files and will require Adobe 5 or above for viewing. For best results right click on the link and download the file to your computer. When viewing Reville’s volume II, it is best that you take advantage of the bookmarks to take you to the section on our military involvement. Moreover, if you have Adobe 6 you can have the documents read to you in that annoying robot voice.

PS: In the near future, and with any luck I will be posting the Records of the Fourth Canadian Infantry Battalion in the Great War, 1914-1918.

PS Again: For those I'm doing research for I haven't forgotten, it's just taking longer than I expected.

Regards to all,

Geoffrey