Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Bavarian muzz cover

gew98

I got the bavarian gew98 muzz cover today. It's gorgeous...near 99% condition. And it'sa a pre 1914 example as it's nickel plated and not the wartime gray paint. Sure wish I had a gew98 marked to this regiment !.

post-7211-0-27909100-1429334064_thumb.jp

That is simply astounding! Excellent find! Well done! And it looks like it even has the 'fraktur' mark as well!

It is indeed very nice. Well done.

It always makes me laugh how we use words such as gorgeous / beautiful to describe our items. People say to me how is a helmet gorgeous or what you think that inert 77mm shell is beautiful!!! Oh well it's all in the mind of the collector. Strange beasts we are!

Well done on a nice addition.

TT

That is simply astounding! Excellent find! Well done! And it looks like it even has the 'fraktur' mark as well!

Gew88 & gew98 muzz covers will have fraktur proofing on the lid and on the top machined cutout. And every now and then one on the inside bottom - as well as occassionally a maker marked one in the inside bottom too. That was a detail storz missed as he stated muzz covers were not maker marked. I had a picture forwarded to him of several I have that are maker marked ( Samsonwerke , Kohlberg & Sons , R.Stock & Co. )

And so, now the search begins for the rifle marked "B.21.R.1.71".... :blink:

Seriously though, nice piece of machinery and a nice marking - with fraktur!

http://www.gewehr98.com/

Trajan ; here is a good link for a little browsing. A good friend created this site - and recently updated it.

... Trajan ; here is a good link for a little browsing. A good friend created this site - and recently updated it.

Thanks for that - yes, slowly I go backwards in interests from the poinity things at the end - but sadly cannot get or own one over here! :(

I did not know turkey was that bad off on "gun control". I read daily how much "small arms" flow into and out of turkey via the syria conflagration I assumed ....... well you know how assumed goes.

I did not know turkey was that bad off on "gun control". I read daily how much "small arms" flow into and out of turkey via the syria conflagration I assumed ....... well you know how assumed goes.

Yeah, grow a beard and get a Kalashnikov! :thumbsup: But non-Turks cannot own 'military-grade' weapons... maybe its time, though, to convince my wife she needs one?! :whistle: