Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Brancourt Farm

Droocoo

Hi all,

I am researching Sgt Henry Brummell who won his DCM for the charge on Brancourt Farm on the 8th October 1918 (in the soliders section of the Forum).

I was wondering whether anyone has a map of the area and/or knows the position of the farm?

Long shot...if you look to the east on this section of map you will see buildings in some tree's named "Brancoucourt", might this be the farm in question???

regards

Tom

post-5284-0-81849800-1429184155_thumb.jp

Long shot...if you look to the east on this section of map you will see some building in some tree's named "Brancourt", might this be the farm in question???

regards

Tom

attachicon.gifBrancourt.JPG

Tom,

Which grid are you looking in?

It's the only place marked to the East of Brancourt that has a similar name...the other farms on the map section are named farms (I believe some spelling mistakes have appeared on trench maps in the past, or in war diaries, written texts etc...)

post-5284-0-22276300-1429199651_thumb.jp

regards

Tom

It's the only place marked to the East of Brancourt that has a similar name...the other farms on the map section are named farms (I believe some spelling mistakes have appeared on trench maps in the past, or in war diaries, written texts etc...)

attachicon.gifFarm.JPG

regards

Tom

Tom,

then why have 'Brancourt' and 'Brancoucourt' spelt differently yet on the same map? It puzzles me greatly although I think you may be correct. It is North East of Brancourt as stated in the citation.

Do we have a general consensus that this is indeed the farm?

North East in 17b Fraicourt Farm

Eddie

Eddie,

Yes that is Fraicourt Farm. Do you agree with the assumption we are making?