Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

14/15 Star

Tim Godden

What is a 'normal' price for a 14/15 Star?

Cheers,

Tim

There is no "Normal" price for a 1914~15 Star{or for any other Medal} as so many factors will contribute to its Price,mainly the number of People seeking that particular Star,to that particular Person,If someone is seeking that Star to complete a Trio or Group it would be worth far more to them than it might to another prospective buyer.That said,You should be able to find an "odd" Star to one of the Corps{ASC/RFA/AOC/RE/AVC,Etc} for around the £20 odd Pound mark,give or take a pound or two.those to Line Regiment s will command a Higher price,much dependant on how many Collectors there are to each Regiment & the Number of Stars available.Your best bet would be to check out one of the Many Medal Dealers who list Medals online to compare their Prices,they will vary considerably!Good Luck. :blink:

From one of my medal books from 1984..... 75p!!!!!

Medal yearbook 2004 .... £15 - £20 (non casualty)

As HB has said, the price depends on the unit and/or person it's to. Recently (last year or so), I've paid between £2 (my cheapest - no real interest, just had to have it for that price!!!) to £110 (Manc. Pal 1/7/16 casualty - I think I got it cheap!!!) for 14/15 stars.

Dave.

From one of my medal books from 1984..... 75p!!!!!

Ah Halcyon Days! :rolleyes:

Tim,

A 1914-15 star to the RCN or the RNCVR is going to cost you big time now - these are rather unique due to the fact that they were named H.M.C.S. xxxxxx (ship name), & contained no Official number, just his name & rate, & the ship name.

The first one I bought 36 yrs ago cost me C$1! the last one I bought about 2 months ago cost me $C200! The trios go in the $C1K range now!

Bryan