Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Queenslander Pictorial

Skipman

Thank you very much for posting this. One of my grandfather's cousins, Edward Elgie Corner, from Queensland, served with the 5th Australian Light Horse (one of the last men to leave the Gallipoli Peninsular) and I don't have a photograph of him as an adult. I'm sure I'll find him here.

Ann

Thanks Mike

Note that the new site now has an option where you can re arrange search results, or a listing, as in this case by "Date". There are a couple of choices of date, now including date of publication. This is a new feature, which wasn't there a couple of days ago.

If you have any suggestions for improvements with new Archive.org site, write to them and let them know.

Cheers

Maureen

Note that the new site now has an option where you can re arrange search results, or a listing, as in this case by "Date". There are a couple of choices of date, now including date of publication. Yes, quite useful.

If you have any suggestions for improvements with new Archive.org site, write to them and let them know. I w ill, and will ask them to upload the rest of Edmond's Official History. :thumbsup:

• Admin

More good stuff Mike. :thumbsup:

The State Library of Queensland has digitised each photograph and is in the process of putting htem onlne so people searching for a photo cn find a high res copy there.

Some background info and tips on how to find an individual here http://qanzac100.slq.qld.gov.au/about/soldier-portraits

There are not a lot of officers there as they could usually afford a visit to a "regular" photographer and also get full length photos done but to get photos of 27,000 out of nearly 58,000 Queenslanders who enlisted is a darn good result.

An important point too is that in the early days, not all the men were fully kitted out so th ephotographers had boxes of hats, caps, uniforms etc to make the men look they had full kit. This means that you could possibly find a man wearing a Light Horse hat with emu feathers even though he was never in the Light Horse (and vice versa). And there also seems to be some who were captioned incorrectly too apparently.

Glen