Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

HELP- FORGOTTEN BOOK TITLE

GTS

I hope someone can help out there.

There was a book that came out in the last few months about the Spring offensives and the last 100 days. I took a note of the title at the time, but of course, now I've come to make my Xmas list I've lost the bit of paper and forgotten the title. So, anyway, are there any pals out there who might know the book I'm after, and even if it is any good ?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Robert, yes I have and it isn't in there. Like I say, the book is only recently published and had quite good reviews, I just can't believe I have forgotten the title !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The only book that I can think of is The Kaisers Battle by Martin Middlebrook, It has been available for a number of years but may of been reprinted in a new format (penguin) The book os excellent and well worth adding to your Christmas List.

Hope this helps.

aul

I've had a peek in my stuff and I can't find anything that stands out as a UK publishers mainstream title.

There are two however that may fit the bill:

1) Those Last 100 Victorious Days of 1918 ISBN 9059111567 (but this is not a UK title so not widely available)

2) Eleventh Month, Eleventh Day, Eleventh Hour: The War to End All Wars and Its Violent End ISBN 0091795036

You may also be interested in 'Countdown to Victory' - the last 6 months of WW2 ISBN 0340822023 this came out in September 2004

Cheers

Ryan

Thanks for your help everybody.

I've searched everywhere for this "book" and I am genuinely beginning to think I actually dreamt of reading the "review" !!!!

I might have a look at some of the other suggestions, the last 100 days is a period that interests me quite a bit and I feel that it is probably slightly under served in WW1 histories.