Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cleaning Medals

cazna

Hi

Obviously the British War Medal can be cleaned (if that is your desire) with silver dips or bicarbonate of soda or many other ways which don't leave them too bright (again if that is what you want)

What can be used on the Victory Medal, other than soap and water, that doesn't leave it looking artificial?

Duncan

Brasso!

Or even soap and water. I used brasso on all of my earlier ones and they came out fine , i always washed off any excess polish with water.

These days though i dont clean them....

Ta,

marc

You could try lighter fluid on a soft cloth, although personally I would leave them uncleaned.

Best left Uncleaned{as in Polished} the trouble with proprietary cleaners is that they are abrasive & continued polishing will wear away the detail quite surprisingly quickly,Bronze Medals are best washed in a Warm Washing up solution,with a very soft brush,to remove grease & dried thoroughly[especially where rings etc pass through the Medal~use hot air]The choice is yours depending on wether you wish to conserve the Medals "As Is" or clean & preserve them in Parade Condition.