Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Kirkee Memorial - place of burial

John_Hartley

My researchee is commemorated on the Memorial. Is there still a record of where the men are actually buried (I see that the CWGC website page lists quite a number of cemeteries)?

The chap is L/Cpl Arthur Daniels, 32884, 8th Cheshires. Died (from dysentery) 11/8/16.

John

There should be a record of this one. If you contact CWGC on casualty.enq@cwgc.org they will let you know.

Many of these graves were declared as unmaintainable after WW2 and so are commemorated on the memorial. The records should still exist.

CWGC on casualtyenq@cwgc.org

Terry

Thanks for the advice.

Is there a typo in their email address? I had it as casualty.enq not casualtyenq.

John

I am based in India (Bangalore) and travel to Pune (formerly Poona) on and off - I was there yesterday in fact. As and when you would like a photo of your man's name, please let me know.

Paul

Paul

Many thanks for the kind offer - gratefully accepted. Chap's name is as my original post. Obviously no rush and entirely at your convenience.

regards

John

hello paul

Is there any chance of taking a photo for me there are 17 9th royal warwicks on kirkee memorial, i would be most grateful as tese photo would add to research on 9th rwr, for a book im trying to write.

thanks

Kevan Darby

No problem John and Kevan; next time I'm there I'll take some photos for you although it will probably not be until Spring 2005 at least.

Best wishes

Paul