The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Have we lived before?

AthollHighlander

All i can say is, when we die, boy are some of us in for a shock

Im not!!

The worms are!

and so is the undertaker because his cheques unsigned :D

or not happy with the believability of Astrology?

Absolutely not :blink:

Could you explain, in general terms, why what the phase the moon was in when I was born should have any impact on the course of my life? And more importantly, what does astrology have to do with re-incarnation?

Andy

Now someones taking the piss here and no ones picked up on it........................... Andy --Max asks a question, but Steve has already answered him 4 minutes earlier, two cans of lager is all i have had somebody explain this to me please

Although I don't believe any of the supernatural guff, I have to admit that the full moon does strange things to people. Just about any emergency services people will tell you the same thing. My theory is that it has to do with causing a chemical imbalance in the brain of the affected people in the same way it has an affect on the tides.

Nigel,

Would these two photos qualify as proof!!

post-8-1099790368.jpg

All absoulte knob really.

Why is it that people who have loved before have always had amazing and imprtant lives? (Astroliger to a king etc) Based on statistices, the bulk of them should have memorys of being peasants, and half of their memorys should be of dying before making it to the age of 1.

A mate of mine had a girlfriend who beleived she was psychic and I used to take great pleasure in pointing out that she wasent. Even when I told her that he was sleeping around on her, she failed to believe me! And the funniest thing was it was true!

Anyway, insufficient personalitys making up for their uninteresting lives.

Although I don't believe any of the supernatural guff, I have to admit that the full moon does strange things to people. Just about any emergency services people will tell you the same thing. My theory is that it has to do with causing a chemical imbalance in the brain of the affected people in the same way it has an affect on the tides.

Nigel,

Would these two photos qualify as proof!!

Yeah I can certainly vouch for this!! Often like a good dose of 'goey'. Did you ever get my e-mail Tim? Tried to sent it a heap of times but it kept bouncing back.

Rgds

Tim D

Tim D

Can't say that I got your email. I did have some trouble a little while ago with them but if you try now everything should be ok. If it comes back again, send me a PM and we'll work it out from there.

Tim L.

:( Have to back off at this stage Nigel, as I realise I cant use peoples personal info like this, & the 'evidence' I believe you need is personal to those in question. My fault & apologies, I should have realised before speaking. Sorry to bail at the most interesting point.

Can i just say that the frameworks are there, tried & tested? And as said before, theyre not mine, I just stumbled across them, took the time to learn about them & years (& years!!) testing them out. And its incredibly fascinating Ill tell ya!!

QUOTE]

OK forget the personal info stuff, even though i cant see how it matters if its all anominous ( cant spell, cant bloody say it either ) But just put this framework stuff up to give your postings a bit of credibility, otherwise you are going to lose yours

Tim D,

Just noticed your signature - ah Eric Bogle..takes me back. Love it mate.

Robbie

I know of someone who was hypnotised and "regressed". If I have the story right they then claimed to be a certain person who was killed in WW1.

Memories "recovered" under hypnotic regression in therapy have, for the most part, not found to be true.

Sorry to stir but... <_<

Robbie

I know of someone who was hypnotised and "regressed". If I have the story right they then claimed to be a certain person who was killed in WW1.

Memories "recovered" under hypnotic regression in therapy have, for the most part, not found to be true.

Sorry to stir but... <_<

Robbie

As I said before, this person is a member of the forum and can speak for themselves if that is their choice.

However, the clincher for me was that the person he mentioned was NOT Rupert Brook or Wilfred Owen but someone only the soldiers family would remember. Also, details checked out with the CWGC, and it took some time to check back then!

Like father like son.

Like mother like daughter.

Of course you've lived before, thats why you are here.

Think about it.

Roop

Actually, I find that daughters tend to look like their fathers facially and sons like mothers.

But it`s a good point - who knows what comes down in the genes from generations past? I try not to fall into the elementary trap of thinking that if you can`t prove something scientifically then it doesn`t exist. Phil B

being cynical as i am Beppo, i bet a lot of the info on this man was in the forum somewhere

Nigel

There was no forum back then. In fact, there was no internet either.

Also, there was no way to instantly check with the CWGC, you had to write a letter and wait weeks for a reply.

Lastly, my friend has since done research on this soldier. Most of the information that is available lists the man as serving in another regiment with a rank that was not his when he was killed. You need to have been told that it is the same man to make the link.

I'm with Nigel on this one (now that's a supernatural event!!)

Anyone can make myth fit reality. You just have to look at some of those TV psychics to prove that people will believe anything if they really want to. I can't remember which one but I can recall one of the conversations going something like this:

Psychic: "I'm sensing a name beginning with D"

Believer: "My husband's name was Carl"

Psychic: "Ahh, yes, I can hear it more clearly now, it sounds definately like a C"

Believer: "He only died a few months ago"

Psychic: "I'm feeling a recent loss"

Believer: "Is he alright"

Psychic: "He says everythings alright and not to blame yourself for his passing"

Believer: "He was run over by a bus after I sent him out to the store"

Psychic: "I can see he's with someone who also passed recently - a friend maybe"

Believer: "My aunt's cat died a few months before him"

Psychic: "Yes, it's clearer now, it appears to be an animal of some kind"

Believer: "I'm so glad we were able to talk to Carl, I feel so much better now I know he's ok"

What a load of ********. Any money that the vast majority of these 'uncanny' dreams etc could be made to fit into thousands of senarios - it's all just a matter of what you 'want it' to fit into.

Tim L.

post-8-1099834177.jpg

I'm with Nigel on this one (now that's a supernatural event!!)

Anyone can make myth fit reality. You just have to look at some of those TV psychics to prove that people will believe anything if they really want to. I can't remember which one but I can recall one of the conversations going something like this:

Psychic: "I'm sensing a name beginning with D"

Believer: "My husband's name was Carl"

Psychic: "Ahh, yes, I can hear it more clearly now, it sounds definately like a C"

Believer: "He only died a few months ago"

Psychic: "I'm feeling a recent loss"

Believer: "Is he alright"

Psychic: "He says everythings alright and not to blame yourself for his passing"

Believer: "He was run over by a bus after I sent him out to the store"

Psychic: "I can see he's with someone who also passed recently - a friend maybe"

Believer: "My aunt's cat died a few months before him"

Psychic: "Yes, it's clearer now, it appears to be an animal of some kind"

Believer: "I'm so glad we were able to talk to Carl, I feel so much better now I know he's ok"

What a load of ********. Any money that the vast majority of these 'uncanny' dreams etc could be made to fit into thousands of senarios - it's all just a matter of what you 'want it' to fit into.

Tim L.

I agree that 99% of the 'supernatural' is bullshit.

However, in this case, can you tell me how a hypnotised person can name a name that is not in the public domain, and that neither he nor anyone else present had heard of?

Also, how can it check out with CWGC records?

Beppo,

I don't want to offend anyone and I'll try not to but I still have my doubts. Was the name involved "John Smith' or something equally as common? I'll take your word that your source honestly believes what they say, but I would like to hear the exact 'hypnotised' conversation - I bet it's not quite as cut and dried as what it's made out to be.

Many a belief has been established by unknowingly 'bending the truth' just a little bit.

Tim L.

Beppo,

I don't want to offend anyone and I'll try not to but I still have my doubts. Was the name involved "John Smith' or something equally as common? I'll take your word that your source honestly believes what they say, but I would like to hear the exact 'hypnotised' conversation - I bet it's not quite as cut and dried as what it's made out to be.

Many a belief has been established by unknowingly 'bending the truth' just a little bit.

Tim L.

Well, I can only hope that the person in question reads this. However, I don't know if he will bother to post on it, given the amount of pre-judgement in the thread.

The name is not rare, but neither is it something like Smith, Brown or Jones.

I have just had a very quick look at the CWGC Register, a luxury not open to these people at the time.

There are two soldiers with the same name, the man in question plus one other. There are also a number of soldiers with the same initial who may or may not have the same first name. However, the majority will not share the christian name, if any do.

My wife has often said (only half joking) that she reckons I must have been a WWI soldier in a previous life! Not sure who's more crazy - her or me...

• 2 years later...
I apologise if this has been raised before and I'm just playing the devils advocate but..

Why? do we hold such a close bond to so many men who went through so many ordeals and displayed so much endurance that is only scratched in this forum?

I remember telling my mother I'd lived before and had been a sportsman and she replied "Maybe you have lived before! but if you have you were in the military" referring to my obsession with military affairs by absorbing books on the subject (I was around 14 and wanted to play for a certain football club, I was gutted!!)

Does any other pal feel a bond to the past that is more than interest? and if so why? Do you ever feel something you're too embarassed to share? or is it just our absorption and knowledge of the period? I was a boy at the time of my innocent question but it got me thinking.

Hope I'm not considered ghoulish.

Atholl

O.k I will add my twopeniworth.Nothing to do with the Great War but I suppose worth knowing.

I was looking a library in my primary school when I was 7 years old, not paying much attention just in a state of boredom as kids sometimes are, and I saw a small blue book hidden away inbetween some books, it had no title on the spine , it was an anonymous littlt thing, so out of curiosity I picked it out and the book fell open to reveal coloured drawings of uniforms , the effect on me was just electric!, it was instant unexplainable recognition, I felt I had worn one of these uniforms- a navy blue frock coat approx 1890--1918, you see them in military museums all the time , I can not explain such a bolt, for that was what it felt like , of just "knowing" and a feeling of being "home". Now we can rationalise these things as adults but how do you explain one so young having such a strong sense when they know so little of the world around them because when I was at school in the 1960's we did not have the extensive media , t.v., etc into our lives and my age group were told nothing and knew less!, we were seen and not heard!! and I never shared this with anyone because in my day you were just a child and did not have such feelings.

You see these things will happen to some people and not others , really that it it. I have a sister in law who is intensely psychic and a brother who thanks God is is not!.