Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Fuze No 27

Ogilwy

A quick question for all the ammunition spotters! Has anyone got any information or images for the Fuze No 27 used with the 4" RML?

I Know it was a varient of the No 65A but after that have almost no information.

Thanks,

Rod

Rod,

If you Google 'Passion and Compassion 1914-1918', you will find a description and drawing of the 65A, which was in service on the 4" RML along with several other artillery pieces up to 1932.

Oddly this very comprehensive guide does not mention the Fuze No 27 at all, at what period was it in use?

Mike.

Mike,

1915 through at least until 1917. The 65A is not a problem but this one wierdly has no detail. It is causing consternation amongst the fold here at the moment, (they hate it if they have no information on something). I'm going to open the collection to see if we have a 65A, (we should have).

I've been known to use Passion and Compassionit's not bad, a few minor faults but generally Ok and certainly worth it for a steer. I'll try the Germans, if you want the best information it is always on the enemy items not your own, so the Bundeswehr may have something!

Thanks for your reply and help,

Rod

Hello
Two pictures of the No. 27 (1917-1921)
It was a T&P No65 fuze converted to time fuze by removing the percussion system (replacing it with a block of wood and powder)

It was mounted on the 4 inch mortar but more often the 2 inch toffee apple with adapter

nc27-010.jpg

nc27-011.jpg