Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Irish Regimental Histories

Conor Dodd

Conor

Do you have the Leinster history? a member of my family was with the 1st Battalion.

Thanks.

Conor.

Have you looked up the 2/RIR for 24th May 1915 for me yet?

Cheers,

Dave.

John,

I can look it up for you if you give me the details I had a relation who served with the 1st Leinsters

Dave,

I forgot all about it :o I have the photocopy upstairs just one page though but still useful.

Conor :D

Thanks, Conor.

(I thought you had!!! :P)

Dave :D

• 2 months later...

Conor,

If possible could you see if you have anything on the 2nd Royal Munster Fusiliers for 10th November 1917, near Passchendaele. My interest is with Private John James Wright, killed in action on that day.

Thanks,

Andrew

Conor,

You're a star. This exceeds my expectations. Thanks very much. One last query, what is the book you got this from?

Thanks again,

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Conor.

(Sorry for my delay this time !!!! - I've only just (re)found this thread!!!! :unsure: )

Dave.

• 11 months later...

I have an MM for a Sergeant A. Strutton, #9172 and have found his name in the London Gazette, which of course I cannot now find. It was given after the Gallopli fiasco. He was a member, at that time, of the Royal Munster Fusiliers. I cannot find his name in any of the CWGC places.

I would appreciate it if you could shed any light on his exploit.

I was in the Canadian Services Club in Toronto several years ago for lunch and was shown their library. I drooled, but didn't have time to peruse. They had a copy of the History of the Munster Fusiliers in WWl on their shelves.

I would appreciate any help you might be able to give me on this gent or the action for which he was awarded this medal.

Thank you.

regards,

DrB

:)