Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Nice untouched medal group CEF

N.S.Regt.

I like groups that contain period photos and documents and this one spoke to me. The medals are to 522048 Sgt. Thomas Havelock Dickson who enlisted in the 7th Stationary Hospital in Halifax N.S. on Nov. 5 1915. Sgt. Dickson was born in Pictou N.S. on Sept 16 1895 Son of H. D. Dickson. He served with the 7th the entire war and was discharged on June 30 1919. After the war he was stationed in England and attended collage He also met a woman who I only know as Madge. On his return to Canada he finished his studies at Dalhousie University in 1920 getting a B.A. in engineering. He continued his relationship with Madge and she came to Canada in the 1920s and they were married. He served in the 7th Bn CMGC after the war and Received the Colonial Auxiliary Forces medal as a 2nd Lieut. Lieut. Dickson and Madge never had children and he passed away in Monton N.B. in Sept 1993.

I bought these from a dealer who bought them from the family the medals although mounted appear as new barly a scratch on them and look as if they were never polished. There is a number of family peices in the group most imporant was a presentation cane to Capt C. H. Dickson Later Lt-Col. and awarded the DSO He served with the 1st CCS also From N.S. The next few post include some of the items connected with 2nd Lt. Dickson. Below the medals and his shaving mirror

post-23-1099607444.jpg

Dickson's discharge paper

post-23-1099607535.jpg

Some photos Dickson is the man on the left on the top left photo and in the center in the top right photo.

post-23-1099607681.jpg

A souviner flag a pass ticket stub and a photo of his wife Madge. Thanks for looking.

Regards

N.S.Regt.

post-23-1099607844.jpg

Very nice group, especially with all the paperwork. It's always a treat to be able to get the documentation to support the medals themselves. Well done!

Cheers,

Terry

Terry

Thanks I like these type of groups with personal items they add more to the group than just a name.

regards

N.S.Regt.

Stephen, that is a great collection, all the details make it so. Thanks for posting it.