Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

R/10585 Rifleman James William Reynolds

wpf1958

I am researching R/10585 Rifleman James William Reynolds who died on Tuesday 1st February 1916, aged 31 and is commemorated on the Menin Gate.

He had two brothers, but so far I cannot find any information about his at all. Does anyone have any information on him or his brothers.

Wilhelm

Wilhelm

Why make it easy !! There seems to be 2 families involved here. The 1911 Census shows Mum Catherine with a reported 11 children born but only 6 living,but not all at her house in Wellington Street Poplar,London. James William Reynolds (27) was living there with his two sisters May (16) and Violet (13).

The 1901 Census finds James William (17) living with his mother Catherine,and sisters May and Violet in Poplar,London,but with a stepfather Benjamin Hall (57). James has a brother living there too,George Reynolds (24) and a step-brother also Benjamin Hall (12).

It may be that the two boys,being 37 and 25 respectively,are the other two brothers you mention. Some names to research.

Hi

Thanks very much for the research, nothing simple as you say. Will now crack on and see if i can I find the missing two!

Wilhelm