Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ballykinlar Army Camp, Nov 1920

W.J.Caughey

Seems the best place to ask. Tried unsuccessfully to see which regiment was station at this Co Down army camp in and around Nov 1920.

Anyone any ideas please ?.

Thanking in advance Walter.

The enclosed PDF doc ,might be of some use to you Walter. There are a few mentions of Norfolks as prize winners as well as the RDF Cadets

Regards and a happy new year to you

Gerry

Ballykinlar camp.pdf

Don

Thank you for info and time looking, still not sure, i was actuality looking for a soldier who was station at Ballykinlar camp by the name of Benjamin Swayne who died at the camp, the newspaper report doesn't give a regiment.

Will keep looking, maybe post later in the poss non commemorative thread.

A happy new year to you as well.

Walter

Hello Walter and a Happy New Year. I wonder if someone at PRONI may be able to help you with this. Not sure, but they could possibly hold information about Ballykinlar in the 1920s. I have to admit to knowing the place very well as I went there for shooting practice most weekends when I was in the WRNR. This was in the mid 60s before I decided to join the WRNS. However whilst in Plymouth the person who was eventually to become my other half intervened and I resigned to marry him. I may have some old photos of Ballykinlar if you are interested but not as far back as the 1920s.

Regards

Anne

Anne

Thought this would have been easy to google and see which regiments were station at Ballykinlar 1920 cir not so, good idea to check PRONI should be up there soon.

When my children were younger we use to go down there regular in the summer to collect the cockles for the day, if memory serves me right, we use to take the lane at the side of the camp looking over to Dundrum.

You know me Anne, always like to see old photo's but only if they are no trouble to you.

And a happy new year to you and Brian

Walter

Found him, grrrrrr correct surname was Swain, recorded CWGC ok. Kings Royal Rifles.

Sorry

Walter