Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lusitania Medal

aberdale

Hello,

I am posting a photo of a medal that was presented to Mr Evan Edwards by The Cunard Steam Ship Company Limited.

The medal reads........Presented to E. Edwards, RNR, Winning Lifeboat Crew, RMS Lusitania, Sept.1912. I cannot find any info

on the internet about this medal so any help you can give would be great.

Thanks again. post-119150-0-57114800-1419629764_thumb.

Hello Kath,

Many many thanks for your reply. Thank god there are people like you on the forum. I will carry on in that direction and see what else comes to light.

Thanks again Kath.

Aberdale

Out of interest there is only one Edwards, Evan on the RNR records for the period. Born Aberystwyth 17 Aug 1884.

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/D8531118

What an interesting piece you have there.... if you don't mind me asking - how did it come into your hands?

KB.

Hello,

many thanks for your replies.

I put an advert in a shop window to say that I was interested in buying militaria, Medals, Cap badges, Helmets and so on.

A good few weeks went by when I got a phone call asking if I was Interested in buying some medals. I went to the house and

I bought The above medal along with his Trio and LSGC Medal. All this for a 50p window ad.

Thanks again for your interest.

ABERDALE.

Hello Sotonmate,

I do have the info that you posted, that's very kind of you. Mr E. Edwards served on HMS Louvain when she was hit by the German U-boat

UC22. in 1918.

Thanks again mate.

Aberdale.