Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Original WW1 pension papers.

W.J.Caughey

I believe the surviving Pension records were digitized by The National Archives and were taken from microfilm copies , does anyone know what happen to the Original papers?

The reason i ask, is the pension papers for Pte 17/289 Samuel Crawford, Royal Irish Rifles WO 364/846. i require are unreadable on Ancestry.

Thanks in advance.

BTW: Merry Christmas to everyone.

Walter

Thank you Ken.

Unfortunately not a subscriber, but that's great to know they are readable and will see if Santa can buy me a subscription.

Wonder why Ancestry or N/A never mention this to me the number of times i phoned email them.

Walter .

• Admin

Just looked at them on Ancestry looks like somebody 'nudged' the copier - and you have to go backwards!

Most libraries have FMP for free and I think they do a trial sent you a sample page so you can see the quality.

Ken

Seems you can't receive emails so you'll just have to take my word for it;-)

Didn't realise message box was full, thought everyone had fell out with me! your word is good for me Ken.

Thank you.

Walter

FMP often have specials - if you go to the subscription page - https://www.findmypast.co.uk/payments - scroll down the page and put the code in before you select the type of subscription that you want, e.g. month or year for Britain - or year worldwide. Britain prices are:

Code for a month is: FHSANTA14 - reduces to GBP1.00
Code for year is: SANTA14 - reduces to GBP49.75

Just make sure that if you decide to take one of these (especially the month long one) you untick the auto renew option if you don't wish to continue with the sub after the expiry date which I think is something like 00.01 on the day of expiry

Cheers

Sue

Thanks for the codes for fmp

Thank you Sue, much appreciated.

Walter