Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Silver War Medal Rolls

Guest Tonys

Actually Chris, the first 500 pages of the SWB roll for officers is on the National Archives Documents-on-Line pages. I have downloaded them if anyone would like a lookup. They cover up through about mid-1918. Regards. Dick Flory

Guest caldhbreac

Could anyone tell me if it is possible to obtain a replacement Silver War Badge which has been lost in a fire. I have all the numbers and details. If possible what the cost is likely to be and where I can order one

Thank you

Michael McDonnell

Dick,

could I request a "look up" for 2nd Lt Ernest Henry Sherman MC, 13 Essex, 13003.

His MIC states: SWB List Off/767 Badge 382,742.

He was wounded 28/4/17.

Many thanks,

Angus

Angus wrote:

could I request a "look up" for 2nd Lt Ernest Henry Sherman MC, 13 Essex, 13003.

His MIC states: SWB List Off/767 Badge 382,742.

He was wounded 28/4/17.

Unfortunately that is not in the portion of the list that I have. Regards. Dick

Could anyone tell me if it is possible to obtain a replacement Silver War Badge which has been lost in a fire. I have all the numbers and details. If possible what the cost is likely to be and where I can order one

Thank you

Michael McDonnell

Michael,

I'm afraid that either unclaimed, or replacement WW1 medals are no longer issued for any reason so I guess that includes War Badges too. As War Badges were not named but were, as you are aware, only stamped with a unique number on the reverse, if one was wanted for display purposes you could always buy a genuine example as an alternative as from the front it would look exactly like any other.

Regards

Steve