Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Arras Pas de Calais

David Seymour

I am preparing the Thetford Grammar School Remembrance Service for November 2003 which will feature four former pupils and one school master who died serving in the Norfolk Regiment during the First World War. One of the individuals concerned was: Ashfield, Ernest B., Private, 29505, 1st Bn., died 23/4/17, Arras, Pas de Calais, France, Bay 3. If you are going to this memorial in the near future and would be prepared to take a photo of the name and send it to me for use in the Commemorative Exhibition which accompanies our Service I would be most grateful. Thank you for any help you can give.

• 3 weeks later...

David,

I will be in the area with a school party in the next few days. I can't promise anything but hopefully I will be able to snatch a few minutes to get some photo's of 'my' men, so if I do I'll try to get 'yours' as well.

All the best,

Andrew

David,

Very sorry - the timings went all wrong and we didn't make it, for which I'm personally very disappointed as well. Hope someone else will oblige.

Andrew :(

David

I will be in the Faubourg D'amiens Cemetery at the beginning of July visiting my great-uncles grave.

I would be pleased to seek out the name you mention - I wonder if you could contact me off list towards the end of june to remind me and I will endeavour to do my best.

kind regards

Mike S